Site Legal Notice
To users of this website
developer.firsttrustbank.co.uk (the 'Site') contains information and technical specifications for the sandbox and APIs made available by us.
Access to this Site and the use of information contained on it is governed by the terms and conditions set out below. These terms and conditions are important and are for the protection of both us and you.
This Site Legal Notice sets out the terms of this Site, and apply to your use of this Site together with the provision and use of any data obtained through APIs hosted on or accessed via this Site, to the extent allowed by law. Please take the time to read the terms carefully. By proceeding further you will be deemed to have accepted them.
Please note that references to 'we', ‘us’ and ‘our’ means AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. trading under license as AIB (NI) and our subsidiaries and associates.
Where reference to 'AIB Group' is made, this means Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c., its subsidiaries and associated companies. This includes AIB Group (UK) p.l.c.
For more information about our group of companies, please visit group.aib.ie
1. This Site is established in Northern Ireland in accordance with the laws of Northern Ireland and will be governed by the laws of that country. When you use the Site, you accept that your use of the Site and any information on the Site, will also be governed by the laws of Northern Ireland and if any dispute arises from your use of the Site or any of the information on it, you agree to allow such dispute to be heard in the Northern Ireland courts.
2. This Site provides documentation and access to a sandbox for the Open Banking APIs provided by AIB Group (UK) p.l.c. The data provided through the associated APIs relates to the UK only, and is prepared to the Open API, data format and security standards as maintained by the Open Banking Implementation Entity (OBIE).
3. We have provided the contents of this Site for your information only. We do not hold ourselves out as providing legal, financial or other advice via this Site. The distribution of information on the Site may be restricted by local law or regulation in certain jurisdictions. This information is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any such jurisdiction and persons accessing these pages should inform themselves about and observe any such restrictions. If you are in any doubt as to whether this Site can be lawfully used by you please do not proceed further.
4. We do not offer financial services or products and our operation of the Site, the APIs, or the sandbox, does not constitute an offer of any products or services provided by any of the AIB Group members..
Any personal information you provide will be treated as private and confidential. We will not reveal your personal information except as expressly set out in our Developer Portal Privacy Statement.
5. Please note that the sending of personal information via e-mail over the internet may not be secure and can be intercepted by third parties or incorrectly delivered. You should not divulge personal information over the internet unless you are using secure or encrypted communications technology.
6. Some pages on this Site may contain hypertext links to websites not maintained by us and we are not responsible for their content. You are reminded that when you enter other websites via such hypertext links, you will not be subject to these terms and you will not benefit from the protections afforded to you in using our Site.
Copyright, moral rights and limited reproduction notices
7. Main Copyright notices
Save where otherwise specified copyright in the pages, screens, information, and all material in their arrangement, included in the Site is owned by or licensed to us or AIB Group. Reproduction of part or all of the contents of these pages in any form is prohibited unless otherwise agreed with us.
You may make an electronically stored, transient copy of these web pages for the purpose of viewing them on-line only.
8. Assertion of moral rights
Save where otherwise specified the author(s) of the literary and artistic works set out in the pages contained in this Site has/have asserted his/her/their moral rights to be identified as the author of those works. Where/if applicable their identities are set out in the pages containing their works.
9. Prohibition against copying art pages
The licences granted in relation to this Site DO NOT APPLY to the contents of the AIB Art Pages except as specified in 7 above. ALL reproduction of these Pages is prohibited, including printing and downloading.
10. Licence To Copy To Paper Hard Disk Or Diskette For Personal Use
You may print or download to disk the contents of the AIB (NI) Web site Pages (other than those excepted from this licence under clause 9 above) for the purpose of private study. However, you may only make one copy thereof.
11. General exclusions from licence
This licence to copy does not permit incorporation of the material or any part of it in any other work or publication, whether in hard copy or electronic or any other form. In particular (but without limitation) no part of the Site pages may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose.
No part of these Site pages may be reproduced on or transmitted to or stored in any other web site or other form of electronic retrieval system.
12. Exclusion of Liability
The following paragraphs under this ‘Exclusion of Liability’ section, exclude or limit our legal liability for the Site. You should read them carefully. They all apply only as far as the law permits, and in particular we do not exclude or restrict our duties and liabilities to you under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, or the rules of the FCA for the conduct of business.
The information contained on this Site is for information purposes only. We do not hold ourselves out as providing legal, financial or other advice via the Site.
The contents of the Site are distributed to you without any warranty of any kind. We and the third party content providers disclaim any and all warranties. Information on the Site is provided on an "as is", "as available" basis and to the fullest extent permitted by law we do not give or make any warranty or representation of any kind, whether express or implied in respect of such information whether in respect of the Site. Your use of the Site is at your sole risk.
Whilst the data provided through this Site’s APIs is as accurate, comprehensive and up-to-date as reasonably practicable, no warranty, expressed or implied, is made regarding accuracy, adequacy, completeness, legality, reliability or usefulness of any information. We do not warrant the accuracy, adequacy, completeness or timeliness of the information, material, products and services or the error-free use of the Site.
To the extent permissible by law and subject to the requirements of the Open Banking framework:
- we do not represent or warrant that the Site will be constantly available or that it will meet your requirements, that access will be uninterrupted, or that there will be no delays, failures, errors or omissions or loss of transmitted information;
- we make no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy, functionality or performance of any third party software that may be used in connection with the Site; and
- we shall not be liable for any damages, losses or liabilities including without limitation, direct or indirect, special, incidental, consequential damages, losses or liabilities, in connection with your use of the Site or your reliance on or use or inability to use the information, materials, products and services on the Site, or in connection with any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, or line or system failure, even if you advise us of the possibility of such damages, losses or expenses.
The pages contained in this Site may contain technical inaccuracies and typographical errors. We may change the content or services found on this Site at any time without notice, and consequently our terms may change at any time in the future. You agree to revisit this page regularly and your continued access to or use of the Site will mean that you agree to the changes. In the event of any conflict between these terms and the provisions of any applicable licence to use the APIs under the Open Banking framework, then those licence terms take priority.
13. Applicable law and jurisdiction
Use of this Web site shall be made subject only to the laws of Northern Ireland which shall exclusively govern the interpretation, application and effect of all the above permissions, exclusions, licences and conditions of use.
The courts of Northern Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all claims or disputes arising in relation to, out of or in connection with this Site and its use.
Where national regulatory authorities have jurisdiction over the contents of this Site AIB (NI) and its subsidaries and associates have attempted to ensure compliance with the requirements of such regulatory body. However, some of the information in the pages contained in this Site is not to be accessed from certain jurisdictions and you should note that no representation or warranty is made as to whether the information available in this Site complies with the regulatory regime of countries from which the pages in this Site should not be accessed.